Are your eDMs underperforming? Want to increase your email engagement, but don’t have the in-house expertise or confidence to test your emails? I’ll handle email testing for you, from design, to implementation, to analysis and reporting.
|Examples of tests||How it works||Why test?||What to test?||Contact me|
Examples of tests I have run
- ‘From’ a person rather than an organisation – 16 to 17 percent higher open rate.
- Send time optimization – 24 percent higher engagement.
- Call to action button colour– integrated versus standout colours – no impact.
- Subject line – ‘hurry’ included for urgency – no impact.
- Subject line – Recipient’s first name displayed – 10 percent higher open rate.
- Call to action button text – ‘explore’ had a 68 percent higher number of gift purchasers than ‘order’.
How it works
I’m starting my own email A/B testing service, so for just $200 you can have a high-quality, reliable and easy to understand test of one element of your enewsletter or eDM. Here’s how it works:
- You have an email program (such as Mailchimp) through which you regularly contact your supporters/subscribers.
- You select one element of your eDMs you’d like to test to see if you can drive greater engagement (see a list of common tests).
- I design a test for you.
- I set up the test on your email platform.
- I analyse the results – using standard statistical significance tests.
- I provide a simple, easy-to-read report of the test outcome.
- Depending on the outcome of the test, you:
Simple. Contact me to discuss your test.
Don’t try to second-guess what motivates your email audience. Every organisation’s supporters are different – test yours to see what engages them the most.
What to test?
Here are some common tests you could try on your supporters:
- Does including a recipient’s name in the subject line encourage opening?
- Do teasers or certain keywords work better than others?
- Does displaying a person’s name in the ‘from’ field lead to more engagement?
- Does including pre-header text increase opens?
- Do font size, colours, or button text make any difference to clicks?
- Does layout matter?
- Are there language styles that work better than others?
- Does it make any difference what day of the week or time of the day your email is sent?
I am an experienced email coordinator for non-profits and charities with a background in statistics and research. I have just established this email testing service because I love to test! Let me help you make the most of your supporter emails. Contact me or use the form below.